Podcasts are Q&A with Schneider Electric engineers and experts.
In This podcast are questions asked during the “Identifying Design Solutions for Optimum Arc Flash Safety” webinar hosted by Schneider Electric.
Questions answered in this Podcast are:
1. What is industry standard practice with regard to the minimum size of branch circuit/load considered in Arc Flash Coordination Study (40, 50, 60 Amps & above)?
2. In performing studies on low voltage systems, what guidelines should be used when considering whether or not a particular part of the system will contribute to the arc flash and/or coordination studies?
3. What is your opinion in the best way to design trip coordination? Minimize arc flash energy or minimize cost?
4. What is the best way to maximize coordination while minimizing arc flash?
5. What do the standards say about landing wires on a breaker that have been de-energized in a panel that are otherwise energized? Is this allowed by "Code"?