Podcasts are Q&A with Schneider Electric engineers and experts.
In This podcast are questions asked during the “Identifying Design Solutions for Optimum Arc Flash Safety” webinar hosted by Schneider Electric.
Questions answered in this Podcast are:
1. Why is arc flash protection more prevalent today than it was 20 years ago? Do all authorities having jurisdiction enforce arc flash protection codes or is it hit and miss across the States?
2. I heard 125 kVa may be removed from the IEEE standard as under certain instances there could be enough energy (as mentioned). Do you have any actual experience with studies at that level?
3. I am updating existing facility's equipment with minimal down time. Where will the high speed shorting switches be installed -- in the MCC or Switchgear?
4. How is an arc flash boundary determined?
5. What are the requirements when near equipment, but not doing anything, maybe opening a door in front of 5 kV or 27 kV circuit breakers, when they are racked in or just in the test position?