An economical solution for new and retrofit industrial refrigeration applications
SolutionsThe new DBS III with the integrated Altistart 22/48 soft start/stop unit allows you to improve performance and provide stable operation for your refrigeration equipment.
Value PropositionThe DBS III, a digital, solid-state, reduced-voltage combination motor starter, is an integrated solution for reduced-voltage starting and soft stopping of standard three phase asynchronous induction motors, plus, extends the useful life of the equipment while reducing KW energy demand.
DifferentiationThe DBS III starter reduces inrush current (with resulting voltage sag) as well as reducing mechanical shocks that can result from starting a motor across the line. Integrated control algorithms help ensure smooth rotation throughout the starting ramp without mechanical instability. Included within the DBS III starter is an integral shorting contactor to reduce steady-state motor operational losses.
- Simple start-up and commissioning through the color touchscreen (HMI), graphic alphanumeric display
- Simple panel installation: Bolt-on panel for retrofit applications
- True three-phase control and other protection functions including: shunt trip, soft stop, phase loss and phase reversal protection
- Isolated low voltage section compliant with NFPA 70E® arc flash hazard safety requirements
- Direct upgrade from legacy DBS or Wye-Delta starters
- Setup menu, advanced dual pro_ le setup, fault history menu, and data monitoring menu
- Shorting contactor eliminates SCR losses
- Simple power and control wiring
- High SCCR (65kA @ 460V and 42kA @ 600V)
- Oversized control transformer
- Fused oil pump starter
- Easy integration into OEM machines