The total cost to water utilities caused by water loss worldwide can be conservatively estimated at $14 billion per year, with a third of it occurring in the developing world. Non-revenue water does not just result in a loss of revenue but can also increase operational expenditures through increased energy usage, add to the reduction of water availability and stressed water bodies in resource scarce areas, and cause capital expenditures to be increased or diverted from other critical areas to find new water sources or replace infrastructure.
SolutionsSchneider Electric provides a complete approach to water loss management entailing both technology and expertise to support water utilities in the reduction of water loss and the management of human and material resources involved in leakage and network assets management.
- Water loss analysis and visualization
- Workforce prioritization and management
- Integration of systems and interconnection of resources
- Reduced consumption of energy and consumables
- Operator friendly interface integrated with SCADA
- Leader in Smart Water technologies and founding member of SWAN
- Proven benefits, technologies and architectures
- Comprehensive set of tools covering all leak management activities
- Integration of systems and sharing of data across organization
- Team experienced in energy, automation and process