Renewable energy alternatives
Metals is an energy and carbon fuel-intensive industry, and as yields per ton continue to decline and more raw material needs to be moved per unit of product, energy has become a significant cost factor.
Technology and solutions needed to fully optimize energy usage through energy efficiency, energy management, renewable energy and new energy technologies.
Hybrid generation Photo Voltaic Systems - Development of Hybrid System Architecture addressing the most economical energy mix.
In high irradiation areas, low levelized cost of energy (LCOE) achieved by Solar PV already makes it affordable:
- Solar PV is scalable as plants are designed based on standardized building blocks
- Solar power systems can be built quickly, even in difficult climates
- Power can be produced where it is needed, and without transmission line losses
- Solar can be combined with diesel gensets and battery systems to form a micro-grid that does not rely on the grid
Schneider Electric has expertise in the key disciplines to deliver effective renewable-based systems:
- Worldwide solution capabilities
- Metals process experience
- Solar power solutions
- Micro-grid expertise
- Integration of renewable energy into other systems
Reduce your impact on the environment
Greener and more sustainable operations