Advanced applications for planning and analysis. Electric utilities need advanced planning and analysis to help prepare for and address the multitude of challenges facing the industry — increasing demands for energy, growing regulatory and customer pressure for increased reliability and reduced carbon emissions, adoption of distributed renewable generation and energy storage, increase in severe weather patterns and network outages, and the inevitability of both an aging workforce and infrastructure.
SolutionsThe Schneider Electric Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) – with advanced DMS analysis to optimize network operations, combined with a field-proven SCADA system for monitoring and control, EMS for transmission operations, and an embedded OMS for improved resiliency and reliability – provides utilities with a modular and flexible platform within a common user experience, data model, integration framework, and secure infrastructure. ADMS provides advanced monitoring, analysis, control, optimization, planning, and training functions allowing utility companies to provide more reliable, safe, and efficient power.
- Advanced monitoring, analysis, control, optimization, planning, and training functions
- Unified DMS, SCADA, OMS, and EMS
- Common user experience
- Provides robust, proven advanced power applications
- Provides self-healing automation and demand management with closed loop control
- In production at over 180 control centers worldwide
Related Smart Grid Solutions
Advanced Smart Grid solutions from Schneider Electric empower your utility’s transition into a next-generation energy provider by enabling safer, more reliable, and more efficient power management.
- Provides clear and consistent realtime, forecasted, and historical views of the distribution network
- Allows system operators, dispatchers, planning engineers, reliability analysts, and managers to work as a team - accessing the same as-operated representation of network grid information
- Common situational awareness provides efficient and reliable management of grid operations in the face of a diverse, rapidly changing environment
- Benefits include greater network reliability, improved operational efficiency, reduced operations costs, increased safety, enhanced security, support for regulatory compliance, better asset utilization, and standards-based integration