Robust real-time monitoring and control. In order to provide reliable, safe, and efficient power, utilities depend on accurate and robust systems for monitoring and control. ESCADA systems must provide high availability, redundancy, and disaster recovery functionality, and must be secure, flexible, scalable, and configurable.
Schneider Electric’s ESCADA - running as a part of OASyS DNA SCADA - includes functions for polling of field devices utilizing various protocols, issuing of commands to field devices, and performing alarm processing and trending. ESCADA data in ADMS can also be stored in the ADMS time-series historical service for later retrieval, analysis, and simulation purposes. ESCADA functionality includes synchronization of data between primary and backup environments for redundancy of critical infrastructure, as well as data exchange via ICCP and other protocols with other SCADA systems. Prediction services within ADMS take advantage of ESCADA feeds using data from reclosers, voltage regulators, capacitor banks, meters, fault indicators, etc. This allows ADMS to incorporate ESCADA data in prediction, analysis, and optimization functions. Alarms generated from ESCADA data include limit violations, rate of change, uncommanded status change, and alarms related to system health.
- Optimize the management of your entire electrical installation for greater productivity.
- Improve the efficiency and decision making of your operators by giving them access to accurate, timely, and comprehensive information.
- Provide an intuitive, interactive and customizable interface for enhanced operations.
- Utilize high performance, parallel processing to support millions of data points.
- Closely integrated with Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure™ ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)
- Highly secure and reliable
- In production in over 180 control centers worldwide
Related Smart Grid Solutions
Advanced Smart Grid solutions from Schneider Electric empower your utility’s transition into a next-generation energy provider by enabling safer, more reliable, and more efficient power management.
- Security: OASyS DNA is an out of the box secure solution — a highly secure system with a single sign-on implementation, tools designed to track and manage changes, and the ability to easily audit and report these changes in response to internal and external review.
- Standardization: the OASyS DNA product family is compatible with the majority of standard industry applications and integrates easily with legacy and third-party software. Standardized software is well documented, easier to learn with less training, and may already be the norm in your organization. As a vendor, Schneider Electric can take advantage of new products on the market using our standards based connectivity and passing the savings and capabilities on to you.
- Reliability: our technology uses a push strategy that automatically broadcasts event-driven data throughout the system’s network, resulting in real-time data delivery that’s fast and reliable. Plus, OASyS DNA’s field-proven redundancy model and system wide health monitoring help ensure that the system is there when you need it. Our redundancy model is self-healing, with critical functions and devices being constantly monitored.
- Longevity: we understand that you’ve invested significantly in your current displays, database, applications and reports. Our migration objectives are to minimize both costs and operational impact when moving to the OASyS DNA solution. Through the use of advanced migration tools during the upgrade process, we can enable you to reuse much of the intellectual investment you have made in your existing SCADA system.
- Innovation: our products use current operating systems and hardware through partnerships with industry-leading companies, such as Symantec™, OSIsoft®, and Microsoft®. This allows us to deliver the highest value solutions to you while reducing cost of ownership, increasing security and reliability, and offering maximum return on your IT infrastructure investment.