Our Solutions for the Metals IndustryHelping the metals industry grow in a sustainable way.
People SafetyFind Out More
SustainabilityFind Out More
Operational EfficiencyFind Out More
Value Chain EfficiencyFind Out More
Projects and ServicesFind Out More
Why work with Schneider Electric
We value our partnerships
Obtain & maintain your social license to operate through our energy and sustainability solutions and services.
One stop shop for the metals industry
Boost operations efficiency and maximize value creation with our production and operations optimization solutions.
- Steel production is very energy-intensive and accounts for up to 40% of the total production cost.
- On average, up to 15% of US steel CAPEX goes toward environmental initiatives.
- World crude steel production in 2013 was 1.6 billion tonnes
- In 2013, more than 87 million vehicles were manufactured requiring a total of 79 million tons of steel
- In 2013, the highest per capita steel consumption was in South Korea, with 1057 kg, which was over 3x that of the USA.