White Paper How the Convergence of IT and OT Enables Smart Grid Development
The goal for any utility that invests in smart grid technology is to attain higher efficiency and reliable performance. A smart grid platform implies the convergence of Operations Technology (OT) – the grid physical infrastructure assets and applications, and Information Technology (IT) – the human interface that enables rapid and informed decision making. This paper describes best practices for migrating to a scalable, adaptable, smart grid network.How the Convergence of IT and OT Enables Smart Grid Development
White Paper Developing a Roadmap to a Smarter Utility
The regulatory and operational landscape of Smart Grid technologies is highly complex. Conducting thorough research-based strategic planning is essential. Each utility must map its journey to becoming a Smart Utility based on its own unique business drivers and technology needs. This paper presents a proven five-step methodology for developing a cost-effective roadmap for achieving Smart Grid capabilities and maximizing their benefits.Developing a Roadmap to a Smarter Utility
Case Studies The Next Generation of Outage Management Systems - Nova Scotia Power
When Nova Scotia Power decided to upgrade its ageing system, it became the first Canadian utility to implement an advanced distribution management system. ADMS unites three systems - DMS, OMS, and SCADA, and provides multiple benefits.The Next Generation of Outage Management Systems - Nova Scotia Power
Case Studies Utility Leverages Advanced Network Integration to Implement Smart Grid Strategy
Unison’s new Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) merges SCADA, distribution, and outage management capabilities.Utility Leverages Advanced Network Integration to Implement Smart Grid Strategy
Integrated Smart Grid SolutionsIntegrated Smart Grid solutions from Schneider Electric empower your utility’s transition into a next-generation energy provider by enabling safer, more reliable, and more efficient power management.
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS)Comprehensive network management solution sharing a common infrastructure and user experience. Find Out More
Distributed Energy Resource Management SystemInnovative solutions uniting utilities and prosumers for optimized demand management. Find Out More
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)Enterprise GIS platform to plan, design, and operate utility infrastructure. Find Out More
Fault Location, Isolation & Supply Restoration (FLISR)Rapid real-time detection, location, and isolation of faults and restoration of supply. Find Out More
Outage Management System (OMS)The premier real-time outage management solution for utility operations, offering improved system reliability. Find Out More
Field MobilityAdvanced system for managing work and safety in distribution network maintenance, reconfiguration, and restoration. Find Out More
Power Control System (PCS)Innovative integrated system for microgrid control and optimization, balancing supply and demand. Find Out More
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)Monitoring and control for improved power management. Find Out More
Smart Power OptimizationOptimizing power involves advancing the state-of-the-art in distribution capacitor control and power measurement, enabling the voltage and VAR control optimization all utilities seek. Find Out More
Why work with Schneider Electric
- IT/OT Convergence Schneider Electric’s integrated suite of Smart Grid solutions enables the continued convergence of IT and OT within your utility, from control center to customer. Our real-time IT/OT solutions provide advanced functionality, performance, and scalability to processes millions of remote data points.
- Smart Utility Solutions Our integrated solutions allow your utility to achieve improved reliability and resiliency, efficient and safe operations, improved energy efficiency and quality, and reduced total cost of ownership and capital investment.
- Proven experience implementing advanced Smart Grid solutions for utilities.
- Flexible, integrated solutions enabling IT/OT convergence.
- Leading-edge teams of engineers and scientists creating and implementing next-generation solutions.
- Integrate new Smart Grid technologies while continuing to provide reliable, safe, and efficient power.