- PNC Arena case study
Mastering the environment for maximum comfort and efficiency
Challenge• PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC hosts a myriad of events ranging from major concert tours to family shows on ice, all of which require unique optimal conditions.
• Switching from a basketball court to an ice hockey rink, and then to a stage show with special smoke effects, can be much easier with the right tools.
SolutionEfficiency and Reliability with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics & Services : Resource Advisor
• Schneider Electric’s Building Management System (BMS) helps PNC Arena master its environment by allowing full control and automation of all the HVAC components: fans, motors, the air intake and outtake, humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
• BMS allows for real-time, precise monitoring of the arena, and for changes to be automated through the push of a button.
• It contributes to creating the optimal conditions that meet the requirements of the NHL or the NCAA, and helps cut down on energy costs by managing energy more wisely.
Learn how your business can achieve success with Innovation At Every Level.
Discover our Building Management Solutions.
Discover more customer stories
Learn about our small business solutions
Results• 770,000 square feet
• 65+ events hosted annually
• A fully controlled and automated environment.
• Not a single game cancelled due to poor playing conditions
• A $300,000 decrease in utility bills over 6 years is credited mostly to Schneider Electric’s BMS