There are many challenges in building and operating a world class children’s hospital. As the Director of Facilities and Operation at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Nelson Roque is concerned about one in particular – providing clean, reliable, consistent energy to his building. Without it, he knows that it will be that much harder for the medical teams to provide live-saving treatments to children in need.
- • Build a world class, state of the art hospital that is innovative, reliable, and safe for its patients.
- • Provide consistent, clean, reliable energy to sensitive hospital equipment in an area notorious for severe weather and power outages.
- • Allow facility operations staff to provide vital upkeep and maintenance to the hospital to ensure children can receive the best care in a welcoming environment, all while remaining behind the scenes as “The Silent Heroes”.
- • Complete integration, connectivity, and communication with intelligent devices throughout the hospital
- • Real-time visibility into building operations
- • Immediate service support and response
- • Clean and reliable power for full facility uptime
- • Automated JCAHO and AHCA reporting to ensure the hospital maintains it's accreditation
- • LEED Gold Facility
- • 64,000 Square foot building
- • Nemours treats patients from birth to 18 years old and from all over the world
- • 3 types of power in the hospital – critical power, equipment power, and convenience power
- • The emergency generators can provide the whole hospital with power within 10 seconds
- • The UPS can provide up to 30 minutes of emergency power.