Type K Manual Switches
Designed for motor applications up to 30A
Provide manual “on-off” control of single- or three-phase AC motors
Type K motor starting switches provide manual “on-off” control of single- or three-phase AC motors, where overload protection is not required or is provided separately. Compact construction and a 600 volt rating make these switches suitable for a wide range of industrial and commercial uses. Typical applications include small machine tools, pumps, fans, conveyors, and many other types of electrical machinery. They may also be used on non-motor loads such as resistance heaters.
- 600Vac and 230 Vdc maximum
- Up to 30A continuous current rating at 600Vac
- Suitable for use with three-phase AC motors rated up to 20 HP
- Enclosures available
- NEMA Type 1 of sheet steel with a thermoplastic wrap-around cover; also available in oversized version
- NEMA Type 4 of zinc alloy die casting
- NEMA Type 3R, 7 & 9 of cast aluminum
- Red of green neon pilot light units available factory-installed in NEMA Type 1 (surface/flush mounting) and NEMA Type 4. Also available as field-modification kit for NEMA Type 1 enclosures for flexibility
- Available with toggle handle or with removable key type operator to discourage unauthorized operation
- Emergency Off Actuator optional for field installation on NEMA Type 1 surface-mounted units for convenience
- Meets UL and CSA requirements
- Type K reversing manual switches provide a compact means of starting, stopping, and reversing AC motors where overload protection is not required or is provided separately.
- Suitable for use with three-phase squirrel cage motors and for single-phase motors which can be reversed by reconnecting motor leads
- Two switches are used, one to connect the motor for forward rotation and one for reverse.
- Type K two-speed manual switches may be used with separate winding three- or single-phase AC motors where overload protection is not required or is provided separately
- Two switches are employed to give “on-off” control in each speed.
- Economical on/off solution
- Simple Design
- Small Size
- Easy to install
- Simple Machine Control
- Self-Protected Motors