Integrated Power Center (IPC)
Combines electrical distribution equipment and building management controls into a single factory-assembled and pre-wired integrated system
For more complex applications, the Integrated Power Center (IPC) allows for the integration of a variety of components, including electrical distribution equipment, HVAC controls, lighting controls, power quality and power conditioning products, SPDs, building management systems and power metering/monitoring solutions. As with all Power Solutions Integrated Equipment products, the IPC is designed to meet applicable codes and standards and is available as seismically qualified.
Integrated Power Centers (IPCs) combine electrical distribution equipment and building management controls into a single factory-assembled and pre-wired system. This approach replaces the traditional method of independently mounting each panelboard, lighting control and building management system.
Consisting of a mix of NQ, NF and I-Line® panelboard interiors in a switchboard enclosure, IPCs are tailored to your specifications and are available with special interiors such as column width and PowerLink® lighting control, as well as optional power and control cable wiring, contactors, terminal blocks and TVSS.
Additionally, IPCs can be customized further with the addition of third party components, such as building management systems, automatic transfer switches or power conditioners. Meets applicable codes and standards:
- NEC requirements for circuit breaker handle height
- NEC requirements for wire space
- UL 891 Deadfront Switchboards
- UL 508 Industrial Control Systems
- IPC sections are assembled together at the factory, reducing labor and installation time at the job site
- Close coupling sections eliminate the need for interconnecting conduits, box connectors, and shortens feeder cable runs
- Three large rectangular openings are provided between sections, allowing you to quickly and easily route cables from one shipping split to another
- IPC enclosures are 10.25 in. deep, providing ample space for installing branch conductors at the job site
- Up to 65 kA Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR); fully tested system at 480 Y/277 V
How to Videos
- Saves 40% in electrical room wall space with smaller footprint.
- Installs up to 80 – 90% faster, complete projects ahead of schedule.
- Lower installation and material costs.
- Contributes LEED points, reduced materials.
- Save design time, designs can be standardized for multiple locations.
- Reduced material handling – System requires fewer items to receive, inventory and install
Commercial Office Buildings