General Duty Safety Switches
For residential and light commercial applications.
Designed for residential and commercial applications where durability and economy are prime considerations. An excellent choice for disconnecting lighting, air conditioning and appliances. When equipped with fuses, over-current and short circuit protection is provided. Please see the offer safety notice in the Overview section.
Offer Safety Notice
Safety Alert for General Duty 30 & 60A, 120/240V, NEMA 3R Safety Switches
Includes impacted catalog numbers and inspection procedures. Read the offer safety notice here.
General Duty Safety Switches:
- UL Listed
- 30–800 A 240Vac
- Fusible and non-fusible
- NEMA Type 1 and 3R enclosures
- Suitable for service entrance equipment
- 2 and 3 Pole configurations
- Up to 100 kA Short Circuit Current Ratings, utilizing appropriately rated Class R Class J or Class
T fuses or fuse kits
- Horsepower rated for motor applications -- 150hp max
- Quick-make, quick-break operating mechanism
Visible blade switches for positive "OFF" indication.
Handle lock-off provision for multiple padlocks -- "OFF" position.
Cover can be padlock closed.
Tangential knockouts, where provided, lessen the need for conduit offset bends.
Standard bolt-on hub provisions for 30–200 A, NEMA Type 3R (top endwall).
Insulated, bonded solid neutral assemblies are standard in fusible switches.
Spring reinforced plated copper fuse clip.
Seismically Qualified to the:
- 2010 ASCE 7
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2013 California Building Code (CBC)
- State of California’s Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) requirements for seismic certification
Long term durability.
Switches are stocked and ready for delivery from our warehouses.
Field installable accessories for F series switches include:
- Electrical interlocks
- Fuse puller kits for 60 and 100A switches
- Class R fuse kits
- Service entrance equipment
- Point of load
Circuit protection (fusible switches only).
- Overload or thermal protection
- Short circuit or high fault protection
- From live parts
- Arcing during switching
- During maintenance of loads
Customer Locations Switch Is Typically Applied:
- Commercial Buildings
- Educational Campuses