Model 6 Motor Control Center +CDR
(CDR) Closed Door Racking Solution
Part of Set Series
The Model 6 +CDR feature allows the user to safely engage and disengage power stabs from the vertical bus with the unit door closed.
At the point of future innovation, Square D by Schneider Electric strives towards providing industry leading solutions that empower customers to perform at the forefront of change. The Model 6 CDR solution is designed for any work environment where processes are critical, maintenance or updates are on-going and minimizing risk of an arc energy exposure is paramount.
- Available for Model 6, Model 6 AR and Model 6 iMCCs in NEMA 1, 1A, 3R and 12
Most arc flash incidents occur in motor control centers (MCCs) when the power stabs of the MCC bucket are connected or disconnected from the bus. The NFPA 70E safety standards note that one of the methods to reduce the exposure of high level energy sources is remote racking. The Model 6 CDR solution coupled with the remote racking device allows the user to disengage or engage the bucket from outside of the flash boundary…up to 30 feet away. This allows the personnel to be clear of the arc flash boundary area.
- Operated by a manual racking tool; a power tool with #10 socket; or with the remote racking operator
- Disengage line side voltage for service without impacting surrounding units
- Unmatched by competitors - the racking mechanism is designed with a sealed, all-metal construction for long dependable life
- On-front, color coded status indicators clearly show “Stabs Disengaged” or “Stabs Engaged”
- Safety Interlocks to prevent unintended operation; 12 revolutions to engage or disengage
- RoHS and REACH compliant — NEMA Type 12 (indoor) certification
- Available for new MCC construction as well as existing MCC bucket replacement
- Same footprint/space requirements as standard bucket