TeSys U Combination Motor Starter
Self-protected combination motor starter
TeSys U is a self-protected combination motor starter that is simple to select, simple to install and simple to use.
TeSys U provides motor control for a wide range of applications, from a basic motor starter with solid state thermal overload protection to a sophisticated motor controller which communicates on networks and includes programmable motor protection.
Using a plug-in modular design, TeSys U allows for maximum flexibility in motor control. The compact, 45 mm wide power base mounts on either a panel or a 35 mm DIN rail. Then select and install the various plug-in components required for your application. TeSys U offers a high-fault short circuit current rating of 65kA at 480Y/277 Vac! A directly mounted current limiter increases the protection level to 130 kA at 480 Vac and 65 kA at 600 Vac.
TeSys U is a self-protected combination starter, which means that it is a UL508 Type E device. Type E devices offer the advantage of reliability and UL508’s special endurance and short circuit tests ensure a coordinated combination starter that will clear a detected fault and protect itself from damage.
TeSys U is consists of:
• The power base provides the main contacts (power poles) for the combination starter.
Available in three versions: 12 A, 32 A and NEMA Size 1.
• The control unit provides the control and thermal overload functions for the power base. Interchangeable, wide-range control units provide motor protection from 0.15 to 32 amps.
Available in three versions:
- Standard provides Class 10 trip only with no communication capabilities.
- Advanced provides a choice of Class 10 or Class 20 trip and allows for network communications.
- Multifunction provides a wider range of programmable protection from Class 5 to Class 30 with built-in Modbus communication.
• Optional communication modules enable integration into existing automation architecture via a variety of protocols.
• Two power base units cover applications up to 32 amps.
• Also available is a power base unit rated up to NEMA Size 1.
• Just a few control units cover a wide range of overload current protection and control voltage. Thanks to this, your inventory will be reduced by a factor of 4 comparing TeSys U to a traditional NEMA motor starter solutions.
• TeSys U, a best-in-class for ease and speed of wiring, can save you 40% in installation time compare to a more traditional motor starter solution.
• TeSys U is modular with its power base and its control unit you can plug in. You can wait to the very last minute to select your control unit and plug it in the power base. This is a great benefit and provides you with a lot of flexibility so that you can save money while commissioning your system.
Trust with Robustness and Reliability
• TeSys U enjoys a very robust construction thanks to a state of the art design and thanks to a state of the art manufacturing process. TeSys U is highly reliable and has a very long product life thanks to a simplified and optimized architecture.
• TeSys U can be used in many different types of harsh environments such as in dusty atmospheres, in marine applications, in applications with high vibration and in corrosive atmospheres.
• The TeSys U behavior under short circuit is outstanding. TeSys U is UL508E certified and rated 65kA 480V. Your process downtime will be reduced dramatically thanks to the non welding contact after a short circuit event. Click here to see the video comparing TeSys U to a traditional motor starter solution.
• Everyone today is concerned by energy cost. TeSys U dissipates 75% less energy compared to traditional motor starters. This is achieved by the reduced number of power contacts and by the very low energy consumption of the control circuit.
• TeSys U is the most compact self-protected motor starter in the world. You can achieve up to 40% space savings compared to a traditional motor solution.
• TeSys U can control reversing applications while maintaining the compact 45 mm width thanks to a flexible reverser module.
• TeSys U seamlessly integrates into most of the automation systems with the support of 5 field buses: Modbus, ASi, Profibus, DeviceNet and CANopen. TeSys U is also fully integrated into the Advantys™ STB solution.
- Simple Machine Control
- Material Handling
- Conveyance Lines
- Car Washes
- Food & Beverage
- Agricultural/Irrigation Water Systems
- Farming Machinery
- Industrial Markets