The 2005 Energy Act set Low Voltage Distribution Transformers efficiency levels for all products manufactured after January 1, 2007, and also authorized the Department of Energy (DOE) to analyze and mandate levels for all Distribution Transformers. The DOE has chosen to increase efficiency level for all units manufactured after Jan 1, 2016. (10 CFR 431.192 April 2013).
Square D is addressing these mandated changes by exceeding the DOE requirements with changes in design and efficiency to core configuration, core material and coil sizes. To further improve the EX Transformer design, we also incorporated contractor feedback by adding these new features:
- We utilized the same conductor range for the Source and Load equipment as the Transformer, making the installation of the complete Square D package easier and faster.
- Our space-saving design allows the transformers to be mounted within ½-inch of the wall reducing the footprint in the owner’s equipment room.
- A new fortified shipping carton has been created to protect the top and side to reduce the potential for shipping damage.
- Industry exclusive 1/2" clearance from rear and side, saving not only floor space, but installation time
- Separated primary and secondary terminals, sized to handle wire range of Square D equipment
- Distribution system connect on the incoming and outgoing
- Bending radius for side and bottom access
- Quite Quality - minimum of 3db below ST-20 standard, with most units being 6-10dB below (see catalog and drawings for actual levels)
- New Floor Mounting Kit - leveraging latest technology for mounting equipment to concrete floor
- Self Certified Seismic Qualified via ICS ES AC 156 shake table testing
225kVA and above - OPEN BOTTOM design for increase wire access in the bottom of the transformer (enclosure style J only)