Modicon M251 Micro PLC with Dual Channel Communications
The Modicon M251 is a Micro PLC made to control multiple or larger machines with modular local PLC control. Programs with SoMachine software. Uses TM3 expansion I/O.
Part of Modicon
A compact micro PLC designed to handle more advanced machine automation as a master of communications. It has dual-channel support for Serial, Ethernet and CANopen based communications to handle both upstream and downstream communications. It's designed to control devices such as drives, motion, remote I/O and HMIs as well as to be the master controller for multiple other PLCs. It is expandable with TM3 I/O modules to handle up to a few hundred I/O points.
Find Your Local Distributor (select High-Tech Distributors (ACE) from Choose an Activity drop down menu).
Modicon M251 logic controller- your choice for modular and distributed architectures, that connect everything!
The Modicon M251 with CANopen or Modbus TCP let you easily connect to SCADA, MES, ERP by standard Ethernet cables and even via Wi-Fi. Boost your machine’s performance with data transfer via SD Card, embedded web server and more. Get unlimited access to your machine via Ethernet - everywhere and any time and simplify maintenance with any mobile device through visualization pages designed directly inside SoMachine and stored in the PLC’s web server.
Get all the flexibility you need and save space in your cabinet:
Expansion bus Modicon TM3
Ultra compact format
Up to 14 fast expansion modules
Boost the performance of your machine with powerful data transfer via SD Card, embedded Web- & FTP Server and more:
22µs by instruction
64MB Ram and 128MB Flash
Multiple communication options
Ethernet (max. 2 separate networks): Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP
Serial: Modbus RS-232, Modbus RS-485, Profibus DP, Ascii
CAN: CanOpen, SAE J1939
Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine - the unique software for MachineStruxure controllers
- The right environment for every aspect of your machine: Standard and safe logic, motion design and HMI configuration.
- Build your application intuitively as never before due to an organised screen design
- Save engineering time by applying complete libraries or even a new machine module thanks to many predefined templates
- Download your software project on all devices with just one click. SoMachine is one of the most modern and powerful tool-based software concepts on the market!
- SoMachine is one of the most modern and powerful tool-based software concepts on the market!
Compatible M251 I/O platforms:
Modicon TM3 - Digital, Analog, Bus Expansion, Expert and Safety modules available
Modicon TM4 - Additional communication modules
Modicon TM2 - Legacy Digital and Analog I/O
The Next Generation of MachineStruxure
The Modicon M251 logic controller is a MachineStruxure controller. The NEXT generation of MachineStruxure™ from Schneider Electric is an intuitive solution for machine automation with all the features and functions you need to build machines that will improve your bottom line. From design and development, to commissioning and maintenance, MachineStruxure is a complete machine building solution with benefits all through the machine life cycle.
BenefitsAchieve benchmark performance while increasing profitability with the Modicon M251 through:
- Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine, ready-to-use applications and function blocks
- All embedded features and functions you need to design and build machines more profitably
- Flexible and scalable machine control allows an easy upgrade to higher performance platforms to improve efficiency
- Connected everywhere via Ethernet, wireless access, web servers to simplify machine integration and maintenance
ApplicationsModicon M251 logic controllers are designed for high-performance compact machines incorporating speed and position control functions. Learn more about our machine control solutions:
- General Machine Control
- Material Handling
- Pumping Control
- Hoisting Control
- Material Working Control
- Food & Beverage
- Minerals & Cement
- Oil & Gas
- Water and Waste Water