Modicon M241 Micro PLC
The Modicon M241 is a Micro PLC made to control more advanced automation for complex and modular machines. Programs with SoMachine software. Uses TM3 expansion I/O.
The Modicon M241 is a Micro PLC designed to handle more advanced machine automation with a mixture of hardwired I/O and automation bus/communications with devices such as drives, motion, remote I/O and HMIs. The M241 has generous offer of Serial, Ethernet and CANopen communication ports in addition to USB and SD provisions. It's available with either 24 or 40 I/O points and is expandable with TM3 I/O modules to handle up to a few hundred I/O points.
Find Your Local Distributor (select High-Tech Distributors (ACE) from Choose an Activity drop down menu).
Modicon M241 logic controller: the benchmark for compact machine controllers!
The Modicon M241 logic controller offers best-in-class communication with 5 embedded ports. It offers you state of the art technical features and embedded CANopen for fieldbus architectures up to 63 devices while reducing your installation time and cost. Get unlimited access to your machine via Ethernet - everywhere and any time and simplify maintenance with any mobile device through visualization pages designed directly inside SoMachine and stored in the PLC’s web server.
Everything you need is embedded
- 5 ports: Ethernet, CANopen, 2 serial lines, USB port for programming
- High processing CPU and cartridge extensions
- Web and FTP server
- Pulse train outputs / high-speed counters
- SD card
Fast and easy configuration
Multiple communication optionsEthernetCANSerialModbus TCPCanOpenModbus RS-232Modbus RS-485Ethernet IPSAE J1939Profibus DPAscii
- Safety function
- Tesys SoLink motor starter
- Extensive line of analog and digital modules
- Lexium servo drives
Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine - the unique software for MachineStruxure controllers
- The right environment for every aspect of your machine: Standard and safe logic, motion design and HMI configuration.
- Build your application intuitively as never before due to an organized screen design
- Save engineering time by applying complete libraries or even a new machine module thanks to many predefined templates
- Download your software project on all devices with just one click.
- SoMachine is one of the most modern and powerful tool-based software concepts on the market!
Compatible M241 I/O platforms:
- Modicon TM3 - Digital, Analog, Bus Expansion, Expert and Safety modules available
- Modicon TM4 - Additional communication modules
- Modicon TM2 - Legacy Digital and Analog I/O. Available.
The Modicon M241 logic controller is a MachineStruxure controller. MachineStruxure™ from Schneider Electric is an intuitive solution for machine automation with all the features and functions you need to build machines that will improve your bottom line. From design and development, to commissioning and maintenance, MachineStruxure is a complete machine building solution with benefits all through the machine life cycle.
Discover "Flexible Machine Control"
1 software environment: SoMachine.
Multiple hardware control platforms:
- Logic controller Modicon M221
- Logic controller Modicon M241
- Logic controller Modicon M251
- Logic controller Modicon M258
- Motion controller Modicon LMC058
- Motion controller Modicon LMC078
- Combination HMI and controller Magelis SCU
- Combination HMI and controller Magelis XBTGC
- AC Drive mountable controller Altivar IMC
Achieve benchmark performance while increasing profitability with the Modicon M241 through:
- Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine, ready-to-use applications and function blocks
- All embedded features and functions you need to design and build machines more profitably
- Flexible and scalable machine control allows an easy upgrade to higher performance platforms to improve efficiency
- Connected everywhere via Ethernet, wireless access, web servers to simplify machine integration and maintenance
ApplicationsModicon M241 logic controllers are designed for high-performance compact machines incorporating speed and position control functions. Learn more about our machine control solutions!
- General Machine Control
- Material Handling
- Pumping Control
- Hoisting Control
- Material Working Control
- Food & Beverage
- Minerals & Cement
- Oil & Gas
- Water and Waste Water