An alternative for engineers who don’t want to be slowed down by too much information
Draw quickly and add the details later with Schneider Electric's Designer Express
Like Designer, Designer Express lets you enhance a work sketch with GIS information, materials needed, and labor costs —with this important difference: You can choose, instead, to work in a more streamlined, less detailed fashion. It’s a fast, easy-to-use tool created specifically for design engineers who prefer not to identify each and every material or compatible unit needed to construct new facilities.
Schneider Electric’s Designer Express offers key benefits:
- Interface is easy and intuitive
- Materials lists
- Allow you to view, add or remove materials, and set quantities
- Provide materials and cost reporting
- Design estimating
- Includes cost item library with pre-assigned costs or can be entered per project
- Conductor or pipe length automatically provided for cost estimating
- Improves abandon/remove functionality
- Fully integrates with Workflow Manager
- Allows easy transfer of information from design engineer to GIS for as-built editing
- Built-in commission tool converts design sketch to enterprise GIS data with little manual effort
ApplicationsThe built-in flexibility of Designer Express allows you to work at the level of detail necessary to create the work sketch – but not necessarily the level of detail needed for asset management and update of the ArcFM Enterprise GIS database. And it’s ideal for utilities when outsourcing construction – you provide the design, and your contractors specify costs and materials in their bids.