VarSet Hybrid System
Real-time infinitely variable reactive compensation system
Real time power factor correction, voltage support and harmonic filtering.
VarSet Hybrid systems provide instantaneous and infinitely variable power factor correction for industrial networks containing highly transient or unstable loads, as well as system compensation for large AC motor inrush current.
The VarSet Hybrid system integrates conventional power factor correction systems and the latest IGBT-based solutions to provide ultra rapid response and infinitely variable kVAR control never before seen in a power factor correction product. Specifically designed for the instantaneous support required by welding equipment, the VarSet Hybrid eliminates voltage sags and voltage flicker while increasing system capacity, providing energy savings and improving weld quality.
The HVC system mixes fixed banks of standard, tuned or de-tuned capacitor banks and AccuSine® PFV electronic VAR compensation unit to provide rapid response and "stageless" kVAR control never before seen in a power factor correction product. It can be applied either in low voltage or medium voltage electrical distribution networks.
- Ultra fast reactive current compensation for transient or cyclical loads
- Infinitely variable control
- Instantaneous response for inrush support
- Independently compensates each phase
- Heavy duty dry capacitors provide no risk of fluid leakage, no environmental pollution and no need for drip pans
- Detuned iron core reactors prevent resonance
- IGBT based power electronic technology
- Stepless power factor correction
- Best-in-class harmonic cancellation up to 50th harmonic and less than 3% THDi
- Energy efficient 3-level IGBT inverter technology
How to Videos
- Increase system capacity
- Improve product quality and productivity
- Lower energy costs
- Increase system reliability
- Reduce operating expenses
- Lower substation equipment and bussing cost
- Reduce repair and maintenance cost
ApplicationsIdeal for industrial networks containing highly transient or unstable loads.