This is a legacy productThis Product is Obsolete
VOX is an outdoor dead tank circuit breaker that provides a reliable, cost-effective solution for outdoor substation equipment. The sealed-for-life, maintenance-free tank enables customers to reduce the cost of inspection and maintenance.
VOX dead tank circuit breakers feature vacuum interrupters that are housed in a fully welded, sealed-for-life stainless steel tank, providing a controlled gas-insulated environment immune from external influences such as salt, dust, humidity, small particles, and rodents. A spring charged mechanism provides manual or motorized circuit breaker operation. VOX is available in 38kV.
- Free standing vacuum circuit breaker
- Sealed-for-life stainless steel dead tank design
- Internal arc fault and seismic endurance tested
- Flexible current transformer configurations with large CT housing
- No de-rating required for altitudes up to 10000 ft (3000m)
- Out-of-phase switching for decentralized generation (windfarms)
- 38kV, 1200A to 2000A, up to 40kA, up to 200kV BIL
Advanced technology for improved reliability:
- Cost effective
- Limited maintenance required
- Sealed-for-life, zero gasket construction
- Improved safety due to internal arc fault containment
- Easy access to the current transformer and control protection functions
- Small foot print
- Meets or exceeds the latest ANSI and IEEE standards
VOX is the ideal, cost-effective choice for both dead and live tank applications, especially when complex protection and current transformer schemes are needed. VOX is a sound investment for distribution needs from high-speed auto-recloser switching to capacitor bank switching, among others.