W-Series Single Phase Recloser
Pole-mounted reclosers up to 24kV (phase to ground)This Product is Obsolete
Lightweight, solid dielectric with vacuum arc interruption solution for medium voltage electrical distribution networks. Provides the latest protection technology in a highly reliable, low-maintenance Automatic Circuit Recloser (ACR).
The W-Series single phase, pole-mounted auto recloser (or circuit breaker) was developed to achieve optimum performance and reliability, making use of the latest technology in solid dielectrics, vacuum interruption, and microelectronics. This device does not use any gas or oil insulation. Instead, a cyclo-aliphatic epoxy bushing is used to insulate the vacuum interrupter. This type of construction results in a more lightweight unit. With an integrated CT and VT, the design is optimized for automation, remote control, data logging, and monitoring applications. The W-Series recloser is ideal for radial single phase circuits.
- Rated voltages: 24kV (nominal phase to ground)
- Rated short-circuit current: up to 6kA
- Rated load current: up to 400A
- 316 grade stainless steel tank
- Single phase applications
- 10,000 operations
The recloser is sold with the ADVC-2 Controller Range.
Controller features include :
Protection, monitoring, metering, control, communications and power quality.
- Improve SAIDI and SAIFI indices by automatically reducing outages
- Defer capital works by offering features that reduce network stresses
- Easily integrated into Smart Grid applications with advanced capabilities such as Loop Automation and Automatic Changeover
- Flexible applications from complex substation or standalone pole mounted through powerful automation and communication features
The W-series single phase recloser is a low-cost solution for medium voltage distribution protection. It integrates:
- Digital control
- Vacuum interruption
- Magnetic actuator
All in a compact single phase installation ideal for smart grid initiatives.