Class 8536 and Class 8736 Type S magnetic starters are used to switch electric motors with a variety of overload relays. Type S starters are available in NEMA Sizes 00-7 and are designed for operation at 600 Volts maximum
- A normally open holding circuit contact for three wire control is provided as standard.
- Sizes 00-2 Starters use a Class 9999 SX11 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
- Sizes 3-7 starters use a Class 9999 SX6 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact.
- Class 8536 Type S Sizes 00-6 starters are provided with a melting alloy thermal overload relay as standard.
- Interchangeable thermal units are available in standard trip (Class 20) Sizes 00-6, quick trip (Class 10) Sizes 00-4, and slow trip (Class 30) Sizes 00-3.
- Single-phase starters use one thermal unit; 3-phase starters use three thermal units.
- Class 8536 Size 7 starters are provided with solid state MOTOR LOGICTM which features:
- Selectable trip Class10/20
- Ground fault detection and Communication capabilities for future enhancement • Ambient insensitive and features phase loss, phase unbalance and over-current protection.
- Solid state Motor Logic™ overload relays are available for Sizes 00 – 7 starters. These ambient insensitive overload relays provide phase loss protection and phase unbalance protection.
- Bimetallic overload relays are also available for Sizes 00-1. Ambient Compensated and Noncompensated versions are supplied with manual and automatic reset, trip current adjustment, and an alarm contact. • Class 8536 magnetic starters are available in a wide variety of the following enclosures.
- NEMA Type 1 General Purpose Enclosure
- NEMA Type 3R Rainproof, Sleet Resistant for Outdoor Use
- NEMA Type 4 & 4X Watertight and Dust tight
- NEMA Type 4X Watertight, Dust tight, and Corrosion Resistant Glass – Polyester
- NEMA Type 7 & 9 Bolted and Spin-Top for Hazardous Locations
- NEMA Type 9 Bolted for Hazardous Locations
- NEMA Type 12 Dust tight and Drip tight for Industrial Use
- AC coils are available for application on 50-60 Hertz.
- 600Vac and 810A continuous current rated maximum
- NEMA Sizes 00-4 are supplied with coils that are designed to operate satisfactorily on line voltages of 85% – 110% of rated voltage
- NEMA Sizes 5, 6 and 7 contactors are supplied with a DC coil operated by a solid state rectifier circuit that is powered by an AC source.
For flexibility field-installable or factory modified accessories include auxiliary contacts, power poles, pneumatic timer attachments, and cover mounted control stations
Base Numbers: 8536S 8536SA 8536SAG 8536SAG1 8536SAG3 8536SAO 8536SAO1 8536SAO3 8536SAOV 8536SA0 8536SA01 8536SA03 8536SA0V 8536SB 8536SBA 8536SBA1 8536SBA2 8536SBAV 8536SBG 8536SBG1 8536SBG2 8536SBG3 8536SBG4 8536SBGV 8536SBO 8536SBO1 8536SBO2 8536SBO3 8536SBOV 8536SB0 8536SB01 8536SB02 8536SB03 8536SB0V 8536SBW 8536SBW1 8536SBW2 8536SC 8536SCA 8536SCA1 8536SCA2 8536SCG 8536SCG1 8536SCG2 8536SCG3 8536SCG4 8536SCGV 8536SCO 8536SCO1 8536SCO3 8536SCOV 8536SC01 8536SC03 8536SC0V 8536SCW 8536SCW1 8536SCW2 8536SD 8536SDO 8536SDO1 8536SDO3 8536SD0 8536SD01 8536SD03 8536SDA 8536SDA1 8536SDA2 8536SDG 8536SDG1 8536SDG3 8536SDG4 8536SDGV 8536SDO 8536SDO1 8536SDO3 8536SDOV 8536SD0 8536SD01 8536SD03 8536SD0V 8536SDW 8536SDW1 8536SDW2 8536SE 8536SEA 8536SEA1 8536SEG 8536SEO 8536SE0 8536SEO1 8536SE01 8536SEO2 8536SE02 8536SEO3 8536SE03 8536SF 8536SFO 8536SF0 8536SFO1 8536SF01 8536SG 8536SGO 8536SG0 8536SGO1 8536SG01 8736 8736S 8736SA 8736SAO 8736SA0 8736SAO1 8736SA01 8736SB 8736SBO 8736SB0 8736SBO1 8736SB01 8736SBO4 8736SB04 8736C 8736CO 8736C0 8736CO7 8736C07 8736CO8 8736C08 8736SD 8736SDO 8736SD0 8736SDO1 8736SD01 8736SDO2 8736SD02 8736SE 8736SEO 8736SE0 8736SEO1 8736SE01 8736SEO2 8736SE02 8736SF 8736SFO 8736SF0