RL- Series Enclosed Load Break Switch
This is a legacy productThis Product is Obsolete
Robust enclosed group operated switch with a puffer type arc interruption mechanism for medium voltage electrical distribution networks. Provides the latest protection technology in a highly reliable, low-maintenance Load Break Switch (LBS).
The RL Series LBS is a gas-insulated three phase switch/sectionalizer with built in voltage and current measurement. The switch can either be mechanically operated with a hook stick or automatically operated with a motor-driven mechanism. Extremely short arcing times (within half a cycle) plus tulip-type contacts with arc-resistant material ensure a long switching life and extended short circuit making capability.
- Rated voltages: 15kV, 27kV and 38kV
- Rated short-circuit current: up to 16kA
- Rated load current: up to 630A
- 316 grade stainless steel tank
- Bare terminal on fully insulated bushing arrangement
- Latest technology in SF6 arc interruption
- Choice of manual or automated operation
- 10,000 operations
RL-Series FA Model is a fully automated sectionalizer. This switch is sold with the ADVC-2 Controller Range.
Controller features include:
Protection, monitoring, metering, control, communications, and power quality.
MV pole mounted sectionalizer / load break switch
- Improve SAIDI and SAIFI indices by automatically reducing outages
- Defer capital works by offering features that reduce network stresses
- Easily integrated into Smart Grid applications with advanced capabilities such as Loop Automation and Automatic Changeover
- Flexible applications from complex substation or standalone pole mounted through powerful automation and communication features
- Automatic isolation of permanent faults
- Reliable switching in enclosed chamber
The RL series load break switch can be utilized as a manually operated load-break switch or a fully automated sectionalizer. Some popular applications for the RL are as normally-open tie points. 6 phases of voltage sensing as well as 3 integrated CTs make the RL switch ideal for feeder automation or simply as additional SCADA points for system reporting granularity.