Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What size breaker is needed to feed SDSB1175C?

Connecting the ac portion of the Surgebreaker Plus device to a power panel requires a 30 amp or less 2 pole circuit breaker or fusible overcurrent protective device (OCPD). 30 amp or less circuit breakers recently manufactured by Square D Company are UL Listed for one or two wires per terminal. If the Surgebreaker Plus device is to be connected to another brand of power panel, a UL Listed circuit breaker or OCPD may need to be installed. Current limiting fuses should not be used when installing a fusible OCPD.

CTA-ID : 2002095
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?