Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What do we need to order to field install a control transformer in an 8538 size 0 or 1 combination starter?

Selecting a CPT for field installation in a combination starter

Product Line:
NEMA combination starters

Products sold and used in the United States

A control power transformer is required for the application

Recommend using a 9070T100 for extra capacity on any NEMA Size 0 or Size 1 starter. It`s basically the same size and price. Complete the transformer catalog number by inserting the proper voltage code for specific primary and secondary voltage. Also, for primary fusing, use a 9999SFR4 and time delay fuses - KLDR (Littlefuse) or FNQR (Bussmann) only. If secondary fusing is desired, use a 9080PF1 fuse holder and a Class H or K fuse.

CTA-ID : 2000357
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?