Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What is the difference between sub feed and thru feed lugs for panelboards?

Sub feed lugs are for Main Lug Only panels and are located at the main end of the panel. They are stacked on the main lugs to offer a feed out at the same spot as the feed in.

Thru Feed Lugs are typically for Main Breaker panels and are located at the end of the panel opposite the main breaker. They are directly connected to the bussing and are used for feeding out without the use of any breaker spaces in the panelboard. Any load connected to these lugs will be protected by the main breaker of the panel.

CTA-ID : 2000888
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?