Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

On an NF 250A main breaker panelboard, can the main breaker be changed to one with a different rating such as 150A using a KAL36150 instead of a KAP36150?

Yes. The lugs on one side of the new breaker will need to be removed so the mounting pads are exposed. The termination insert kit (AL250KAIN) from the existing breaker will need to be reinstalled on the new breaker. Keep in mind that when reattaching the breaker to the busbars using the hard bus connectors the handle of the main breaker must go in the up position when the breaker is energized.

CTA-ID : 10208
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?