Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

Can I convert from a 240/120 three phase `high-leg` Delta system to a 208Y/120 Wye with Buck & Boost transformers?

Requirement to obtain a 208Y/120V system derived from a 240/120V 'high-leg' system
Product Line:
LV Transformers
Applies to all SquareD/Schneider Electric Buck and Boost Transformers
Buck and Boost Transformers cannot move the neutral point or Center Tap in a 'high-leg' Delta system to create a Wye service
No. The Wye connections used in Buck & Boost applications require the neutral on the line side to come from a Wye system.

WARNING: Damage to the Buck & Boost transformers or even customer load equipment can result from this misapplication!

CTA-ID : 240
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?