Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

Has an 800 amp bus plug switch, type PTMG, bolt on, connected into a bus duct with a breakaway bolt at the bottom, would like to know how to remove it

On a 800A PTMG Busway Switch there is a cinching bolt at the bottom of it to bring switch into the Busway. After torquing and breaking off initila torque cap from bolt , how do you move the switch to another location with bolt already used once? Is there a replacement break away, cinching bolt/nut they are describing , that can be field installed in the event of moving?

Product Line:
I Line II Busway



The bolt can be re-torqued and there is no need to replace. Refer to Page 21, Note 11 in the attached installation instructions.
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?