Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

Video: How to replace a Micrologic trip unit on a PowerPact™ P-frame

How do you replace the Micrologic trip unit installed on a PowerPact™ P-frame breaker

Product Line:
Molded Case Circuit Breakers

Micrologic Trip Units

NOTE: The ET1.0I trip units are NOT replaceable. Only the Micrologic trip units (3.0, 5.0, 3.0A, 5.0A, 6.0A, 5.0P, 6.0P, 5.0H, and 6.0H) are replaceable. Also, note that if you are replacing a 3.0 or 5.0 trip unit with an ammeter, power, or harmonic trip unit, you will also need to order the green 12-pin connector (kit S33101 for Masterpact, S33100 for PowerPact™).

First, remove the accessory cover. After doing so, remove the 12-pin connector (if one is installed) on the top of the trip unit. Then loosen the top and bottom screws of the trip unit, and slide it out. Slide the new/replacement trip unit back in its place, and re-tighten the screws. Reinstall or install the new 12-pin connector (if needed). For more information, see the attached instruction bulletin or the instructional video below:

Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?