Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

On an H, J or L frame breaker, what is the minimum equipment required for serial Modbus communication on just one breaker?

Product Line:
Circuit Breakers

Powerpact H, J and L Frame Circuit Breakers with Micrologic Ammeter or Energy Trip Units

In order to have serial Modbus communication on an H, J or L frame breaker, the breaker must have either an Ammeter or Energy Trip Unit. Besides that, the minimum equipment required depends on whether or not breaker status is desired. While there may be a variety of methods to achieve this, the below pictures shows two different scenarios:
  • Without breaker status
  • With breaker status

Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?