Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

How can I return a inoperative drive or soft start under warranty?

Altivar drive or Altistart soft start does not work and I want to return under warranty. 

Product line:
Altivar, Altistart

All models


To return a drive or soft start product, the first point of contact needs to be the Drives Product Support group (DPSG).  The DPSG needs to create a case to document the part number, serial number and troubleshooting in order to set up a return.  The Drives Engineer can make the determination if the product is covered under warranty and confirm appropriate troubleshooting steps have been taken. 

The drive can be returned only or exchanged for the same product.  To return only, contact the Claims team with the case number and request an Inoperative with CCP return. 
For an exchange, contact the Drives Resale group in Raleigh with the case number and drive/soft start part number. 
If you are an end user, you will need to contact a local distributor or point of purchase with the case number. 

Attached is a copy of the Schneider Electric Drives and Soft starts Service Guide which covers this in more detail.
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?