Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

Can I change the trip unit of the Powerpact H, J and L frame circuit breakers which are equipped with an I-Line jaw assembly for installation in I-Line panelboard and QED I-Line distribution sections?

Product Features

Product Lines:
Panelboards and Switchboards

UL 67, UL 50, CSA C22.2 No.'s 29 and 94 -1989, NEMA PB1, NFPA 70 Art. 408, Federal Specification W-P-115C Type 1 Class 1, UL891

Changing a trip unit, when possible, can be less costly and more convenient than obtaining a new circuit breaker.

No, the presence and necessity of the mounting foot on the I-Line version of these circuit breakers excludes the capability of changing the trip unit.  This is the case for thermal-magnetic versions as well as versions with Micrologic trip units.

CTA-ID : 2026871

Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?