Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What replaces the compact CM breaker?

Product Line:
Compact CM and CM1250 CM1600 CM2000 CM2500

Electrical Distribution Systems

Compact CM breakers are obsolete and no parts are available.
The replacement is the Powerpact R frame breaker.  Ratings, dimensions, mounting, and options are different.
For applications 65 kA and 100 kA @ 480V, use the RLF type.  For applications between 35 kA and 65 kA, use the RKF type.
Catalog number selection requires crossing over a CM catalog number, or knowing the ratings and standard, trip unit functions, and accessories.
Motor operators are not available for the Powerpact R.  If motor operation is required on a breaker larger than 1200A, it is necessary to use a Masterpact NW.


Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?