Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

Can an A type trip unit be upgrade to communicate through Modbus?

Product Line:
P, R, NT, NW

Electrical Distribution Systems

This breaker can be upgraded to comms capability by installing a P or H type trip unit, an  BCM module, and external voltage sensing kit

The breaker needs to be de-energized and open to change trip unit and install other necessary parts. This procedure is not restricted to Services, but it would be preferable to have them do it from an experience and expertise standpoint.

Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?