Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

What is the replacement lock for an HCN panel trim?


Product Line:


UL 67, UL 50, CSA C22.2 No.'s 29 & 94-1989, NEMA PB1, NFPA 70 Art. 408, Federal Specification W-P-115C Type 1 Class 1 , 2000 IBC, 1995 NBCC 

With normal wear and tear, it may become necessary to replace the lock of a panelboard trim.


Ordering the correct replacement lock depends on the series of the trim and if the trim type is one-piece or four-piece.  First, please note that Series E1  trims are those which comply with the 1984 NEC wire bending space changes.  Other Series references are for trims which predate the 1984 NEC.  Second, be aware that with respect to selecting the correct lock, it is important to make a distinction between a one-piece trim and a four-piece trim.  A one-piece trim consists of a single piece of sheet metal with a door cut out in the center.  The four-piece trim, introduced in the 1990 Digest, consists of four pieces which cover the top, bottom, left and right side gutters, and with no door, the breakers are exposed.  With a four-piece trim, a door kit is ordered separately, if desired or necessary, and it is the lock for this door which may need to be replaced, as detailed below.

For Series 1 and 2 up to 54`` : PK4FL

For Series 1 and 2, 63`` and larger: PK5FL

For Series E1 up to and including 74":  PK4FL if manufactured before 2/22/02. PK22FL if manufactured after 2/22/02.

For Series E1, 83`` and larger: PK5FL if manufactured before 4/5/02. PK22FL if manufactured after 4/5/02.

Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?