Training & Entrepreneurship
Changing lives with training and entrepreneurship support
Skills development and support to entrepreneurship in energy-related fields open access to qualified employment and entrepreneurial activities for people from underprivileged backgrounds, thereby empowering local communities to develop and maintain solutions that provide access to modern, reliable and sustainable energy for all.
Women Entrepreneurship Program Brazil: Jeane Araújo shares her story Program supporting entrepreneurship with a gender lens.
Vocational training in energy-related fields in India Local skills development to foster professional insertion in the electrical energy sector and support people who wish to become entrepreneurs.
- We have trained more than 130,000 people and 5,500 trainers since 2009
- 1st coalition with Cummins Group for technical education for communities and access for women in Turkey and Nigeria
- Global partnership with NGO Don Bosco Mundo
- IECD partnership set up in Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria and Egypt
- Projects in 50 countries worldwide, mostly in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- We have supported 1,000 entrepreneurs since 2009
The Schneider Electric Foundation will invest €2 million in technical centers managed by the Salesian Don Bosco Foundation. The first funded projects are in India, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mozambique, Haiti and Southern Italy.
Inauguration of a new vocational training centre in the field of energy in Abidjan, initiated in partnership with the Ministry of State, Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Professional Training for The Republic of Ivory Coast (MEMEASFP) and the development centre for building trades (CPM-Bat).
This white paper presents the current challenges and trends concerning entrepreneurship in developing countries and proposes a framework of actions to support entrepreneurship for energy-related careers, based on the case study of Schneider Electric.