Podcasts are Q&A with Schneider Electric engineers and experts.
In This podcast are questions asked during the “Identifying Design Solutions for Optimum Arc Flash Safety” webinar hosted by Schneider Electric.
Questions answered in this Podcast are:
1. Do VFDs contribute to fault current during a short circuit?
2. What labeling and PPE requirements are available for equipment installed before 2000?
3. What is the risk associated with providing required PPE label when approved technician dies while wearing required PPE?
4. Is it legally okay for facility engineers to rely on a pre-calculated "cheat sheet" of arc flash hazards by voltage, AIC, exposure, etc so each panel can be labeled without requiring a detailed calculation for each application?
5. This question has three parts: What are Current labeling requirements, (2) what are the maintenance considerations, and (3) when doing an arc flash study, what assumptions are made regarding overcurrent protective devices that have been in service for more than 3-5 years but have not been maintained?
Click on the link to reveal the Questions answered in this podcast.