Electrical protection is no place to compromise. When not treated with respect, electricity can injure or kill even the most experienced user. Below is a safety checklist:
- Make sure the power is off before working on any equipment.
- Equipment with visible damage must be replaced.
- Many types of electrical equipment must be replaced after exposure to water, even if no damage is apparent.
- Electrical equipment should be selected and applied in accordance with the ratings, nameplates, wiring diagrams, instructions and warning labels for that equipment.
- Electrical equipment should be installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code and other applicable local or state codes.
- Installations should be inspected by qualified authorities before restoring power.