When Basic Control Solutions Are Not Enough
Complex, energy and resource-intensive processes like mining require sophisticated control solutions that can maximize efficiency and optimize resource consumption (electricity and fuel), even in the most challenging conditions.
Advanced Process Control (APC) is a software tool that collects information from the process and field devices (via supervisory, historian, and control systems) and then applies the right control strategy according to process requirements to determine optimized set points for the most efficient performance of the system system. APC strategies are also able to work with constraints and resolve conflicting process objectives.
Value PropositionAPC reduces operator stress since it is able to analyze multiple variable scenarios and adapt quickly to compensate for process changes. In addition, APC helps operators who lack the experience to quickly make complicated calculations and adjustments.
- Process control agnostic
- Easy to use/ Intuitive
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Provides support for generic equations
- Rich graphical interface and visualization tools
- Tablet and touch-screen friendly
- Adaptable to diverse control strategies (Rules, Model Predictive Controls, etc.)
- Live trends (performance vs. constraints)
Optimized use of energy