The continuity of electrical power is vital for patients' lives and safety, so hospitals must have back-up power or emergency power supply (EPS) systems. But without a reliable way to test these systems, there's no guarantee that they will work properly in an emergency. Unfortunately, manual testing is time-consuming and inefficient, and data collected manually is not easily available for reporting and analysis.
The EPSS Test Solution from Schneider Electric is an automated system for testing Emergency Power Supply (EPS) systems.
By monitoring and controlling the key elements of the EPS system, it collects data from and provides control over various points in the EPS system (including on the generators and their associated automatic transfer switches), simplifying the testing process while ensuring more a more reliable back-up power system for your hospital and patients.
The EPSS Test Solution improves overall patient safety by ensuring reliable back-up power during utility outages, and helps comply with regulations, providing automated periodic reports as requested by Authorities
Unlike manual testing schemes, the automated testing process used by EPSS Test Solution ensures that:
- Tests are run properly (length of test, equipment involved, etc.)
- Accurate data is gathered from very required point in the system
- Every required test parameter is included
- Data can be easily analysed and collated for all required reports
- Tests are easier for staff to manage and less disruptive to operations
- Helps provide 99.99% reliability
- Reduces testing and reporting times by 30%