Great news! With the release of StruxureWare™ for Data Centers software, the new data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software from APC™ by Schneider Electric™, channel partners, VARs, and others can now offer customers the option of monitoring and managing their physical and virtual infrastructure as a fee-based managed service — for a viable source of recurring monthly income.
DCIM – your comprehensive data center management solution
DCIM software makes it easier and more cost-effective to plan, deploy, monitor, and manage the power, cooling, space, and inventory in any networked environment. Already recognized as one of the most advanced DCIM products on the market today, StruxureWare for Data Centers software enables the efficient management of both physical and virtual machines with a modular, integrated, vendor-neutral approach that gives visibility across the total data center for quick, accurate decision-making.
The software’s real-time, actionable data lets you easily identify capacity limitations and availability of the entire infrastructure from device level up to the building level. And, you can monitor any IT space — virtualized environments, server rooms, network closets, remote and branch offices, colocations, distribution centers — not just data centers. Reliable monitoring and management of these spaces has become so critical to businesses of all sizes that your ability to provide this service is all the more valuable. Best of all, you can easily monitor and manage your customers’ servers and infrastructure from anywhere — and on any computer or wireless device.
And with the open architecture of StruxureWare for Data Centers software, you can further build your business around managed services, with additional professional services such as energy audits, data center assessments, equipment maintenance or migration, and outsourced IT.
Customer benefits=channel partner opportunities
By integrating these managed services into your offer, you can become your customer’s energy management expert by helping them battle rising energy costs while also solving problems such as lack of on-site resources and increasing complexity in IT environments.
This means your customers can focus on their core business, while you take responsibility for managing the health of their systems. You’ll be tapping into a source of predictable cash flow that keeps you in ongoing contact with your customer, and positions you as the trusted advisor for future IT needs.
How customers can benefit from your services:
- Increased service level agreements with improved levels of availability
- Viable power usage data and accurate reporting for quick, business-driven decisions
- Expert guidance through virtualization and the move to the cloud
- Proper management for cost savings and improved efficiency
How you benefit from providing managed services:
- Guaranteed recurring revenue month over month
- Business growth with new DCIM expertise and life cycle services availability
- Low investment costs mean higher profits and margins
- Greater services revenue balances lower hardware sales
- Added value and stronger reputation by providing critical services and energy expertise
- Tighter relationships and more revenue opportunities with constant customer interaction