The new standard for performance, protection, and dependability in power distribution.
HVL/cb switchgear is a new product for medium voltage power distribution that integrates the two technologies of a fast 3-cycle vacuum circuit breaker with a grounding disconnect switch into a small footprint.
HVL/cb includes three key features that improve safety and reliability in power distribution resulting from the new rewrite of IEEE Metal Enclosed Interrupter (MEI) Switchgear C37.20.3:
- 10-year interval between scheduled maintenance activities
- Completely de-energized breaker compartment during maintenance activities
- Optional Arc Resistant Type 2B—Passive arc containment construction during operation
With six US patents pending, HVL/cb offers standard industry ratings, high reliability, arc-resistant construction, and is virtually maintenance free. The smallest ANSI-rated medium voltage breaker switchgear in the industry, it is an ideal solution for applications where medium voltage power distribution equipment (between high voltage transmission lines and low voltage power point of use) is limited by tight available space.
- Reduced incident energy: 3-cycle protection on demand with high reliability
- Vacuum circuit breaker: speed and overload improvements over fuse protection
- Maintenance disconnect: 10-year interval, de-energized and grounded on approach
ApplicationsHVL/cb is ideal for:
- Transformer primary side main breaker
- Transformer secondary “virtual” main breaker
- Main-tie-main switchboards, including motor starters
- Dual main breakers for transfer pair applications
Tools and CalculatorsBrowse the most useful tools and calculators to find quick answers. Browse
Where to BuySearch partners, distributors and integrators in your area. Find a distributor
Contact Technical SupportCall or email our knowledgeable support team for product support, troubleshooting, and questions Browse resources