SAITEL Remote Terminal Unit & Controller
Compact, scalable, powerful communications
The high-performance, versatile, scalable and compact platform for secure automation and communication applications.
Saitel is a highly-evolved field device, offering a solid and powerful platform for data acquisition, communication, automation and IED integration, including backplane and DIN rail based solutions.
As a remote terminal unit, bay controller or protocol converter, Saitel is the compact solution to countless applications installed in demanding electromagnetic conditions.
In addition to the traditional input/output (I/O) management, Saitel acts as a powerful communication gateway, an advanced measurement center and a fast automation processor.
Based upon an extendable distributed architecture and featuring enhanced functionality and power, Saitel Family offers:
- The ability to monitor and control thousands of I/O points.
- Operational redundancy for power supply, CPU, communications channels, or for the entire system (supporting automatic failover with hot-swap).
- Extensive library of standard and legacy protocols for information exchange between multiple masters and RTU.
- Input/Output acquisition modules with signal conditioning and integrated time synchronization (1 ms) and independent time stamping.
- IEC 61850 technology that is certified as Class A by the independent testing laboratory KEMA for both IEC 61850 server and client interfaces.
- Cybersecurity features and functions can support a utility’s NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance.
Schneider Electric Saitel offers many key benefits such as:
- Simplicity of implementation and operation.
- Flexibility of a product opened to a wide variety of SCADA systems and to all communication medium types.
- Large storage capabilities: the advanced head unit can be ordered with an optional compact flash interface in case large amounts of storage memory are required.
- Powerful yet cost effective.
- Straightforward commissioning
- Open communication structure
- Remote access by operating program
- Easily configurable
Distribution & Transmission Networks:
- SAS for HV & MV Substations
- SAS – Gateway - Station Level
- SAS – Bay Control
- Feeder Automation & Pole-top RTU
- Communications Front-End
- Field Solar Controller
- Solar Plant Comm. Front-End
- Hydro Power Plant Automation
- Hydro Group Automation
- Process Control
- Control substations and Autotransformers Centers
- Catenary control
- Communications Front-End
Tools and CalculatorsBrowse the most useful tools and calculators to find quick answers. Browse
Where to BuySearch partners, distributors and integrators in your area. Find a distributor
Contact Technical SupportCall or email our knowledgeable support team for product support, troubleshooting, and questions Browse resources