Multifunction Line Terminal Protection and Control IED
MiCOM P841: Multifunction Line Terminal Protection and Control IED
The MiCOM P841 is a multifunctional line terminal IED for control and back-up protection in transmission and sub-transmission feeder bays.
The following Models are available:
- MiCOM P841 Model A for Single Breaker Applications with 16 Inputs and 14 Outputs
- MiCOM P841 Model B for Two Breaker Applications with 24 Inputs and 32 Outputs
Single or Three-phase auto-reclosing applications
The P841 Model A can be applied as a stand-alone solution for Auto-reclose and Check synch functionality for feeders controlled by a single circuit breaker.
The P841 Model B can be applied as a stand-alone solution for Auto-reclose and Check synch functionality for Dual circuit breakers applications such as ring bus/mesh corner formations and the breaker-and-a-half configurations.
Period : 2 years
- The logic capabilities of the MiCOM P841 products are extremely versatile, for instance managing leader-follower reclosing schemes in case of dual breaker applications.
- Transmission-class circuit breaker failure protection for one or two breakers. The breaker failure protection may be initiated from internal protection within the P841, and also from external devices.
- Single pole and three-pole breaker operation is supported, with independent supervision & condition monitoring statistics for each pole
- Trip circuit supervision, control, and interlocking schemes can be designed in graphical support software.
- Ancillary applications include use of the P841 for binary I/O concentration, disturbance recording, or as a gateway to SCADA protocols and IEC 61850
- Multiple protection elements are provided, such as directional overcurrent, earth fault, voltage and frequency. This allows P841 to be deployed as a back-up IED in transmission applications, or as the Main 2 protection solution for sub-transmission systems.
Tools and CalculatorsBrowse the most useful tools and calculators to find quick answers. Browse
Where to BuySearch partners, distributors and integrators in your area. Find a distributor
Contact Technical SupportCall or email our knowledgeable support team for product support, troubleshooting, and questions Browse resources