The smart thermostat, made Wiser.Learn more
...See what we've been doing in some of our major markets.Find your Location
Access tailored services, 24/7 self-service and expert help. Anywhere, anytime, any project.Discover now
Schneider Electric USA Website×
Explore our global offerings or select your country from one of our five regions.Global
Découvrez nos offres globales ou sélectionnez votre pays dans l’une de nos cinq régions.
How do I properly restore a ClearSCADA database?
Follow the steps below to restore a ClearSCADA database.
1) Open a Windows Explorer dialog and locate the ClearSCADA Database folder. On a Windows 7 PC the location should be
(The Database location may be found by right-clicking on the server icon, selecting ‘Configuration’ and then navigating to system configuration | Location.
All fields be common to a folder named ‘Database’)
2) Bring the ClearSCADA server icon into view by selecting it from the system tray.
3) Right-click on the server icon and select ‘Shutdown Server’. NOTE: Never copy or replace a database while the ClearSCADA server is running. The database could be corrupted if the server is not shut down first.
4) Wait for the server icon to first turn red (shutting down) and then grey. When the icon turns grey the ClearSCADA server has been fully shut down.
5) If you are restoring a database from the same folder directory then use the following procedure. (If you are restoring a database that is stored in another directory/media location then you will need to switch between Windows Explorer dialogs.)
After ensuring that the server is shut down, rename or delete the ‘Database’ folder.
6) After deleting the ‘Database’ folder you should be left with the database folder that you wish to restore. (If the database you wish to restore is stored elsewhere, move it to this directory.)
7) Rename the folder to the name ‘Database’.