Technical FAQs

Ask a Question

On panelboard interiors NF430M1 or NF430M1C using a 125A main breaker, can the panels be converted to a shunt trip type main?<br /><br />

These panels cannot be converted to shunt trip main, because of the extra pole space that the main breaker`s shunt trip takes up. An option might be to backfeed a Main Lug Only panel with a shunt tripped EDB breaker, which would take up 4 available pole spaces.

CTA-ID : 2035714
Was this helpful?
What can we do to improve the information ?